Well I think he’s done a great job transforming our position from previous administration, all while dealing with these natural disasters. Imagine what more he could do with time and dedication from Congress. This time I want to get involved with the campaign effort and how my skills in International Politics paid off (my major at GSU). To start something up go sign up at www.BarackObama.com
Yep. One of my favorites.
Bob Marley & the Wailers – Soul Rebel
Wasteland is a favorite boutique of mine with 4locations Burbank, Studio City, Hollywood, & Santa Monica , they feature new/lightly worn designer goods and vintage styles. I love clothing. I deal with it daily… & sometimes without it, don’t we all. Check out the gear.
I started with the fur vest jacket below. Even though its totally out of season in this region it made me feel like I was part bear, part wolf.
Forever loving silver.
“The tightest pants I’ve ever tried on” by American Apparel. FRONT.
These will lift me up an extra inch.
Cycles of the Heart
Past & Future Transits: June 8, 2004 & June 6, 2012
“A Venus Transit occurs when we can see Venus passing directly in front of the Sun. This is similar to when the Moon passes in front of the Sun on a solar eclipse.”
“A transit (sometime called a passage) can only occur with the inner planets–Mercury and Venus–because they are the only two that can lie between the Earth and Sun during their orbits.”
“Venus is the Roman name for the Greek Aphrodite, goddess of love, grace, beauty and sexual rapture. Venus has also been called the “jewel of the sky”; “Eosphorus as the morning star and Hesperus as the evening star”; from a modern day astronomer’s view, “Earth’s sister planet”; and from an astrologer’s view, the “compliment to Mars.”
Other cultural names for Venus include: the Babylonian Ishtar; the Syro-Palestinian goddess Ashtart; the Aztec: Tlahuizcalpantecuhtli (meaning “Lord of the House of Dawn.”), an apparition of Quetzalcoatl, the feathered serpent; the Maya: Kukulcan (Venus was the Mayan patron of warfare, with several battles coinciding with significant Venus alignments); and the Norse Sif, noted for her “conjugal fidelity.” Aside from the asteroids, Venus is the only main planet named after a goddess–sorry to say for our soul-ar system.”
Venus in Egyptian origins was not necessarily the planet Venus in correlation to planets & our solar system, but her connection to the symbolism and character of the Roman goddess. The below is from MaverickScience
“The Egyptian Hathor provides an archetypal example of the mother goddess. From time immemorial, she was regarded as the mother of Horus, the Egyptian war-god believed to be incarnate in the pharaoh [his reincarnated father]. The goddesses’ very name commemorates this relationship, signifying “House of Horus.”
1. Scholars have hitherto been at a loss to explain the fundamental nature of this great goddess, puzzled not only by her name but by her multifarious and seemingly incompatible characteristics. Alison Roberts, in a recent study of Hathor, offered the following complaint: “My initial problem was how to find any coherent pattern in the many representations of the goddess.”
2. For Roberts, as for other scholars, Hathor personifies the sun: “To understand her transformational role we must turn to another rhythm of time, the movement of the sun from dawn to dusk, rising in the eastern horizon each morning, crossing the sky at noon, and then sinking each evening into the west. As a solar goddess, the beneficient-destructive Hathor-Sekhmet participates in this daily rhythm which also links her qualities with the biological life-cycle of birth, maturity and death.”
3. But if Hathor represents the sun, how are we to understand her intimate relationships with Horus or Ra, both of whom are typically identified with the sun by Egyptologists? Budgesaw the difficulty here and sought to interpret Hathor as a personification of the house in which the sun god (Horus) lived; i.e., the sky.
4. Erman offered a similar opinion: “Although this name, House of Horus, abode of the sun god, directly and unequivocally designates her as the sky…”
5. Yet it can be shown that Hathor has nothing whatsoever to do with the sun. That the Egyptian goddess was originally identified with another celestial body altogether is amply confirmed by a survey of the numerous Coffin Text passages invoking the goddess. There Hathor is clearly distinguished from Re, although she is described asshining forth in the sky in the immediate vicinity of Re: “I indeed have prepared a path to the place where Re is, to the place where Hathor is.”
6. “You have taken my soul and my spirit, my magic and shade with Re and Hathor to the place where Re is every day, to the place where Hathor is every day.”
Everyday = Forever
George Robertson. Born in New York by Grenadan parents who moved back to the Lower Antilles island soon after his birth. He grew up to age 18 there. Since Grenada is known for its tropical fertility and as a farming & crop land my grandfather spoke of how he cut sugar cane and tobacco leaves which Grenada mostly produced stock for most of the Cuban cigar industry. As an adult he had many accomplishments in military and career, his greatest as a managing engineer for Northrop Grumman in Long Island, NY and as engineer on the NASA Apollo 11 the first aircraft to land the moon and of course as a wonderful father and super grandpa. I was inspired the first time my grandmother showed me pictures from the launch in 1969, him and my grandmother were the only two of color in the picture. I began working on documentary and have met & corresponded with others who have connections to these & similar achievements. I can’t wait to move forward with this project especially. I will try and get the pictures up as well in the Photo Gallery soon.
My silver flats belt and necklace [looking down from above]
Dubai-based architecture firm Timelinks has developed plans for a million person ziggurat. What the hell’s a ziggurat? “A ziggurat was a temple tower of the ancient Mesopotamian valley and Iran, having the form of a terraced pyramid of successively receding stories or levels. Some modern buildings with a step pyramid shape have also been termed ziggurats.”
It may sound like just another concept that’ll never be a reality, but Timelinks already set about patenting the design as well as the technology that would make it possible. The structure, nearly a whole square mile by design, would use a combination of steam, wind, and other alternative energy-gathering methods to keep itself entirely off the grid. There would also be “green spaces” that would provide the pyramidal city with agricultural space, to provide food and green-based commerce.
Oh…and in case you may feel your flame start to blow out, something to ignite it and guide you through the dark nights.
Song of the Day:
I just want to be your “Lovergirl”